Please read the pre-requisites before registering for Beam Basics:
- REQUIRED: Completion of the Onset Class.
- Recommended: Completion of Movement & Handstand 1.
- Exceptions: If you are experienced/skilled, these are the skills you must demonstrate to Coach Alex to bypass the Onset class. Coach Alex has sole discretion in this matter.
With the purchase of this class, you get a FREE WEEKLY Open Gym night every week. Regular price is $10.00/night.
Open Gym nights are a great opportunity to augment your training and charge your progress!
- Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday: 8:00 PM to 10:00 PM.
- All skills classes are 2 hours long.
- Whether you are reacquainting or introducing yourself to the beam this course is the perfect step forward.
- Course is designed to improve balance and confidence.
- We’ll begin with simple static exercises and progress into the artistry of beam which include; Walking patterns, level changes and skill progressions.
- You will learn basic beam skills and complex as well as the development of gymnastics leaps, jumps, and turns both on and off the beam
- Class will proceed with a traditional dance conditioning, followed by free time and a cool down stretch.
- This class is facilitated by Coach Sara.
- What to bring: Gym clothes and your game face.
- Location: Ottawa Gymnastics Centre, 294 Elmgrove Ave, Ottawa, Ontario, K1Z 6V1.