Please read the pre-requisites before registering for Tumbling 1:
- REQUIRED: Completion of the Onset Class.
- Recommended: Completion of Strength 1, Handstand 1 and Stretch.
- Exceptions: If you are experienced/skilled, these are the skills you must demonstrate to Coach Alex to bypass previous classes. Coach Alex has sole discretion in this matter.
With the purchase of this class, you get one FREE Open Gym night at the Ottawa Gymnastics Center. Regular price is $10.00/night.
Open Gym nights are a great opportunity to augment your training and charge your progress!
- Every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday: 8:00 PM to 10:00 PM.
- All skills classes are 2 hours long.
- Tumbling classes are structured with a general warm up, conditioning, skills and drills work, free followed by free time and a cool down stretch.
- Tumbling basics - rolls, jumps, skips, leaps, landings, rebounds, rotations, cartwheels, and round-offs.
- Immediate level tumblers will practice saltos, back and front handsprings, and walkovers.
- Gymnastics flips and acrobatics are also taught in this class with a progressive approach throughout the course.
- We will break down the front flip, back tuck, back handstand, front handstand and other alike acrobatic skills.
- This class is facilitated by Coach Ben and Coach Alyssa.
- What to bring: Gym clothes and your game face. Your preference whether you wear socks or go barefoot.
- Location: Ottawa Gymnastics Centre, 294 Elmgrove Ave, Ottawa, Ontario, K1Z 6V1.